What is asbestos?
Asbestos is a set of six natural minerals, silicate in nature and made up of fibrous crystals.
Where is it found? (Properties and Uses)
Asbestos has an average tensile strength, is resistant to fire, heat and electricity, absorbs sound and is affordable. These properties made it an ideal material for electrical insulation for hotplate wiring and in building insulation. When asbestos is used for its resistance to fire or heat, the asbestos fibres are often mixed with cement or woven into fabric or mats.
They thus found usability in building materials such as:
• Button board
• Acoustic Ceilings
• Duct work
• Lath and plaster
• Tape and mud
• Texture coating
• Transite piping and siding
• Vinyl asbestos tile
• Vinyl sheet goods
Prior to 1980 it was found in many structures. However, it was believed to be the cause of many a disease, especially pulmonologic and carcinogenic in nature as far as the early 20th century. By 1990s the usage of asbestos was restricted and even banned in many countries.
Developed countries like Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Australia and The European Union led from the forefront in banning asbestos. However, countries like U.S.A continued its usage in construction materials such as pipes and this led to proper disposal of asbestos a priority during dismantling / de-construction process.
RBS too understands this and cares for nature and fellow humans by providing top notch services in disposal of asbestos.
Scope of work:
RBS offers comprehensive asbestos abatement services ranging from initial investigation through project completion.
For each job undertaken, we:
• Investigate and carry out an initial asbestos survey. We coordinate with the concerned parties for the same.
• A proposal is submitted based on the project undertaken and its budget.
• Samples are retrieved and tested for further abatement process.
• Work plan is zeroed in and finalized.
• Asbestos-containing materials are removed using industry approved techniques.
• The waste manifests are tracked and compiled under Environmental and Health Laws.
• A close-out package is submitted, this includes a final report detailing project activities and necessary documentation.
Safety & Training:
To provide a safe working environment for our crew and the safety of facility owner and occupants living or working in the affected area is our top priority. We perform every asbestos abatement job responsibly, by safeguarding the environment in which we work and using the industry’s most effective methods and equipment to protect our employees and customers.
Our crews are rigorously trained in asbestos abatement procedures and are required to follow all local, state and federal regulations when performing these procedures. We proudly state that our company consistently maintains some of the lowest Experience Modification Rates in the asbestos abatement industry.
Why Choose Us?:
Local Houston Presence
Certified Professional Ccrew
Licensed Engineering Firm