PHASE 2 ENVIRONMENTAL SITE ASSESSMENT Report
- RSB Environmental is the nation's leader in Phase 2 Environmental Site Assessments by volume.
- Fast Turnaround and Affordable Phase 2 (ESA) reports by a licensed professional engineer.
- Employee-owned company with the available staff and experience to complete multi-site portfolios with very short due dates.
- Quality Phase Two Environmental Site Assessments completed by environmental professionals with a minimum 10-year's experience.
WHAT OUR RECENT CLIENTS SAY ABOUT US
RSB has been an excellent resource on all environmental issues that we have dealt with.
RSB is by far one of my best choices from Environmental Compliances to on time in full customer service. Great job guys!!
Great Company! Always on time and always delivers at fair prices.
I recently became a vendor for them. Great people to deal with. Meet most all the employees as I had to work on each of their pc’s. Had a great time meeting everyone.
RSB Environmental performs Phase 2 Environmental Testing either in support of a financing decision or to meet the requirements of the local Environmental Agency.
All of our reports are performed to meet the standards set by ASTM E1903-97(2002).
RSB Environmental is the national leader in Phase One Environmental Site Assessment by volume.
Most reports are performed to meet the standards of ASTM E1527-13.
RSB Environmental often customizes reports to meet individual client or agency lender’s (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac) requirements while taking the widely varying geology and topography of the State into consideration.
Phase 2 Environmental Site Assessment Scope:
- Phase 2 ESA normally is performed when the Phase I ESA identifies Recognized Environmental Conditions (RECs) and/or recommends further investigation.
- Unlike the Phase I ESA AAI rule, the Phase 2 is not a rule, but a standard of practice for performing the assessment.
- The standard of the Phase Two ESA is typically defined by the scope proposed by the Environmental Professional and accepted by the client. This allows the scope of work to be tailored to each individual site and situation.
- Any additional testing or characterization should meet all state and local guidelines.
- Normally, a Phase 2 ESA is actually a screening to determine if potential contamination and/or hazardous materials are present. The Phase Two does not typically characterize contamination present nor is it a feasibility study. However, this can be included as part of the Phase Two ESA scope or may be part of the screening recommendations.
- Geophysical surveys are often included to help locate subsurface objects and/or identify suitable locations for soil borings and groundwater monitoring wells.
Typical Scope of Work:
- The purpose of the Phase 2 ESA is to determine if the subsurface of the property has been adversely affected by historic onsite activities, and other environmental concerns. RSB proposes to advance soil borings to groundwater or a maximum depth of 40 feet below ground surface (bgs), groundwater depth or refusal, whichever is encountered first based on issues identified at the property.
- Soil borings are typically advanced utilizing a Geoprobe® or similar direct push drilling rig. Prior to soil boring advancement, areas chosen is cleared for utility lines, product lines through the State public utility markup service.
- Soils then are continuously sampled throughout the depth of the soil borings and will be lithologically classified and logged on soil boring logs.
- All soil samples are visually inspected, and field screened for potential VOCs with a photo-ionization detector (PID).
- The samples collected from the soil boring intervals exhibiting the greatest potential for impacts (i.e. staining, odor, highest PID reading, or soil/groundwater interface) will be delivered, under chain of custody (COC) to an accredited laboratory for analyses.
- Upon receipt of laboratory analytical results, RSB will prepare a narrative report of findings that includes maps, laboratory analytical reports, soil boring logs, and tabled data in relation to regulatory compliance levels of constituents.
- Conclusions and recommendations will also be included in the narrative report of findings.
Why Choose RSB Environmental For Your Phase 2 Site Assessment?
- RSB Environmental has successfully completed 2000+ Environmental Site Assessments in Houston and nationwide for a variety of clients including lenders, commercial real estate agents, buyers and sellers. Our staff has a combined 30 plus years of experience in all types of Environmental Inspections.
- Phase 2 (ESA) Site Assessments are an important element of due diligence as it can identify and determine if there is a potential environmental condition at the property. Headquartered in Houston, Texas we also have field offices in cities across America.
- All Phase 2 Environmental Site Assessments are completed by experienced staff and licensed, professional engineers with a minimum of 10 years experience. Our prices are affordable and cost-effective because we are a mid-size employee owned company without the overhead and expenses of a large company.
- We have the available staff to complete multi-site portfolios nationwide with very short due dates (7-10 business days). We take pride in the fact that we provide quality Phase 2 ESA Reports for less cost than our competitors.
- RSB Environmental is the national leader in Phase 2 Environmental Site Assessments by volume. All our reports are completed to meet the standards of ASTM E1527-13. We can customize reports to meet individual client or agency lender’s (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac) requirements while taking the widely varying geology and topography of the region into consideration.
Our Service Areas
RSB has conducted thousands of Phase 2 Environmental Site Assessment projects nationwide.