In addition to providing Phase I ESAs, RSB Environmental provides Property Condition Assessments and Commercial Building Inspections for a wide variety of clients; including, CMBS lenders, Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac lenders, and equity clients. Most of our reports are performed to meet the standards set within ASTM E2018-08 guidelines.
Property Condition Assessment Scope
- Site Assessment
- City Building Department
- HVAC Systems
- Data and Telephone
- Fire Suppression Systems
- Roof Diaphragm
- Interior Finishes
- Building Envelope
- ADA Access
Property Condition/Structural Assessment:
The scope of work for the typical Property Condition Assessment will be based upon the Client Company Scope of Work if any and the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) Standard E 2018-15. It will include the following:
- Conduct a Site reconnaissance of the Site and adjacent properties
- A review of the subject property, architectural, structural, mechanical, plumbing, and electrical systems, plus a limited review of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990.
- Interviews with people knowledgeable of the subject property.
- A review of local building and fire department records regarding the subject property.
- Opinions of probable costs to remedy Immediate Physical Deficiencies.
- Schedule of Replacement Reserves as required by the client.
- Preparation of a Property Condition Assessment Report as required by the client.
- Review records of State, Federal and Local regulatory authorities, permits, citations, violations, institutional and/or engineering controls etc. relating to the Site and adjacent properties per ASTM standards;
- Review of User provided information, including but not limited to reports, letters, correspondence and a chain of title review back to the time of Site development; to include any additional items RSB may determine to exist.
As part of this assessment, a User Questionnaire will be forwarded to the User to complete and return to RSB. This questionnaire is intended to prompt the User to provide any relevant information to RSB. Relevant information would include previous related documentation, property capital expenses, and other pertinent information.
Our Service Areas