Stormwater runoff is one issue in stormwater compliance that warrants communities and industries to turn to stormwater management contractors in Houston, stormwater companies in Houston, storm water services or stormwater inspection. Because of the complexities of stormwater issues, RSB Environmental, based in Houston, Texas, will aid you in your understanding of stormwater compliance and stormwater solutions.
When it rains, stormwater washes over the loose soil on a construction site, along with various materials and products being stored outside. As stormwater flows over the site, it can pick up pollutants like sediment, debris, and chemicals from that loose soil and transport them to nearby storm sewer systems or directly into rivers, lakes, or coastal waters. RSB Environmental works with construction site operators to make sure they have the proper stormwater controls in place so that construction can proceed in a way that protects your community’s clean water and the surrounding environment.
In general, the NPDES stormwater program requires permits for discharges from construction activities that disturb one or more acres, and discharges from smaller sites that are part of a larger common plan of development or sale. Depending on the location of the construction site, either the state or EPA will administer the permit. See the webpage for Authorization Status for EPA’s Construction and Industrial Stormwater Programs to find out whether EPA or your state is the permitting authority for construction activities. You can also use the “Do I Need a Permit?” flow chart to help determine if and from whom you need to get NPDES permit coverage for your construction activities.
Stormwater General Permit for Construction Activities in Texas:
Construction projects that disturb one or more acres are subject to three major requirements:
- Submit a permit application (or Notice of Intent) prior to the start of construction.
- Develop, submit, and fully implement an Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP ) that is approved prior to initiating any on-site activities. This plan specifies the measures that will be put in place to prevent and/or control erosion and sediment run-off.
- Submit a Notice of Termination when the following criteria have been met: final stabilization of the site has been achieved as defined in the permit, all temporary erosion and sediment controls have been removed, and no potential remains for construction-related sediment discharge to surface waters.
RSB Environmental can help with:
- Construction Stormwater Compliance
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) – 2-3 business days
- TPDES NOI Permit- 24 hr turnaround
- Best Management Practices Implementation
- Area Inlet Protection
- Curb Inlet Protection
- Flow Control / Dissipation
- Erosion Control Blankets
- Turf Reinforcement Mats
- Perimeter Controls
- Flocculants and Dust Control
- Gabion Baskets and Rock Filter Dams
- Hydraulically Applied Erosion Controls
- Dewatering Bags
- Sand/Rock Bags
- T-Post Safety Caps
- Job Site Spill Kits
- Floating Turbidity Barriers
- Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures Plans
- Training (such as stormwater certificate training)
- Support services during construction
- Inspections, monitoring, consulting and oversight
- Mediation and negotiation with compliance authorities
- Maintenance and Repairs
- Compliance Assurance & Plan Components
- Stabilized Construction Exit (SCE)
- Washout/Dewatering Solutions
- Final Seeding/Stabilization
- Chain Link Fencing
- Tree Fence Installation
- Pond Stabilization
- Sign posting
Our Service Areas
RSB has conducted Construction Stormwater Compliance projects nationwide. Please feel free to call us at 1-800-304-6517 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to get a site specific price for your property. We serve our clients in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, throughout Texas and beyond as their stormwater management contractors for stormwater inspections, storm water services and stormwater compliance as one of the stormwater companies in Houston with an emphasis on customer service! Because of the complexities of stormwater issues, RSB Environmental, based in Houston, Texas, will aid you in your understanding of stormwater compliance and stormwater solutions.
Additional Stormwater Information
Request a Free Quote